- Student Privacy (Updated Release)
Information for Parents
Information for SLDS District Security Administrator
File Upload for Assessment
The following data sharing agreements are available for districts to authorize the release of assessment data from their vendors into the SLDS.
Below are resources to begin the process of creating account permissions for the SLDS/eTranscript and to reauthorize current users.
Annual FERPA Training
ND Century Code requires the provision of annual training to individuals who access the SLDS. A training video and document have been provided for this training on the SLDS site. The training will take approximately 20-40 minutes. The document below will guide you through the steps for completing the training.
What is Student Data?
- Topics covered include: Creation of a data index; security breaches; data sharing agreements; disclosure of student data for studies on behalf of the district and for audits, evaluation, or compliance monitoring; and parent notification about and access to student records.
- To support North Dakota school districts on data collection issues, SLDS prepared this guidance for local education agencies when responding to requests that no personally identifiable information (PII) about student(s) is transmitted by a district to the Department of Public Instruction data collection system.
- Best Practices for Keeping Parents Informed About Student Data Collection
- The Privacy of Student Information:A Resource for Schools-National Forum on Education Statistics
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Data Dictionary REVIEW for ND
Online dictionary of the SLDS with glossary of standard education terms, their definitions
- FERPA: Guidance for Reasonable Methods and Written Agreements
- Guide for School Boards on Student Data Privacy in the Cloud Computing Era
- Data Sharing Agreement Template - Regional Education Associations
- Tookit for Navigating Federal Privacy and Security Laws
- Pledge to Safeguard Student Privacy
EduTech Student Data Privacy
- Sample Documents